Monday, February 28, 2011

Purim fun has only just begun...









Gan Aleph is actively engaged in their interactive Purim unit this week. The addition of new crowns, costumes and a "real" palace transformed our drama center into Shushan. The children honed their social skills by sharing the new props and costumes. They were able to reinforce the first few parts of the Purim story that we learned in class. As a follow up to all of this dramatic role play, the children have started to write their own megillot. This will enable the children to reinforce what they have learned and connect to the story. Stay tuned for more updates as we explore this wonderful holiday through many different avenues. What is your favorite childhood memory of Purim? We'd love to know!

1 comment:

  1. I did not have the privilege of celebrating Purim as a child, so I did everything I could to make it really special for my own children. An earth mother/health nut (in those days), on Purim they could eat candy all day.

    When I became director of the Early Childhood Center at HANC, in my neighborhood, I opened my home each Purim for a drop-in Purim party. My family helped prepare and serve treats to the kids, and my husband enjoyed a drink with the dads. It became a fun tradition for several years in West Hempstead.

    ReplyDelete